Adult Basic Education / High School Equivalency
Next Door’s adult education team works closely with Next Door parents and community members, 18 and older, who wish to return to school and earn their high school diploma. The program is intended to provide academic, personal, and professional skills development as part of a comprehensive approach to success. There is no cost for qualified participants.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all instruction is currently online and overseen by faculty from Milwaukee Area Technical College. Contact Next Door’s Adult Education Coordinator, Peter Kafkas, for more information at (414) 999-2563 or email@example.com.
- GED test preparation with individualized/small group instruction in all GED subject areas.
- Preparation for the high school equivalency diploma (HSED). This is a competency-based 5.09 program.
- Support to pursue technical college or university admission, including preparation for entrance exams and guidance to navigate financial aid paperwork
- Workforce preparation, including digital literacy skills
- Personal finance instruction
- One-on-one tutoring
- Monday through Wednesday at Next Door’s 29th Street campus
- Sessions occur from 9 am to 12 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm
- New student orientation happens on Wednesdays at 8:30 am and at 12:30 pm. You can also schedule an appointment if that works better for you.
- For more information on our adult education program, contact Next Door’s Adult Education Coordinator Peter Kafkas at (414) 999-2563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.