If you are looking for full-day, year-round Head Start or Early Head Start services for your child, Educare could be the right option for your family. We begin enrolling children at six weeks. Families must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
Educare is part of a national network of 25 schools. Milwaukee was the third city in the country to open an Educare school. The methods and curriculum are all about getting your kids ready for school. Highlights include low child-to-teacher classroom ratios, continuity of care, highly qualified staff and equal attention to your child’s mental, social and physical development.
Our teachers also work hard to enhance your relationship with your child and treat you as a valued partner in their education.
- Programming Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm at Next Door’s 29th Street campus
- Class sizes of 8 students per at least two teachers (infant, toddler and 2-year-old rooms)
- Class sizes of 17 students per at least two teachers (preschool and K4 rooms)
- A comprehensive approach to school readiness
- Instruction promoting language and literacy development
- A play-based curriculum
- Services to children with special needs
- Nutritious meals and snacks daily
- Free diapers, wipes, infant food & formula
- Health screenings and behavioral health support
- A Family Advocate Specialist assigned to your family to assist with needed support and community resources
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Indoor and outdoor gym spaces
- Children’s library