K4/K5 Charter School
Programming update for Fall 2020: Due to COVID-19, Next Door is currently offering limited in-person and virtual learning options for families. Our education team has created engaging, online platforms for virtual learners with technology and supplies support. Limited in-person programming includes part-day and full-day options at our two locations with an extensive list of safety precautions in place based on recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Milwaukee City Health Department. Click HERE to learn more.
Next Door’s K4/K5 Charter School offers a full day of programming through a partnership with Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS). The partnership includes MPS support for Next Door students with special needs, field trips and training for Next Door teachers. This program works to ensure students achieve academic and social-emotional benchmarks so they are ready for first grade. Teachers also form close relationships with parents as partners in their child’s education.
There is no cost to qualified families. See our Enrollment page for details on qualifications.
- Programming Monday-Friday, 8 am to 3 pm
- Locations: 2545 N. 29th Street; 5310 W. Capitol Drive
- Students must be age 4 or 5 by September 1
- K4 class sizes of 20 students per at least 2 teachers
- K5 class sizes of 25 students per at least 2 teachers
- Highly qualified teaching staff with year-round professional development
- Instruction with language, literacy, math, science, art and social-emotional activities
- Medical and dental screenings
- Behavioral support services
- Special education services
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack provided daily
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Indoor and outdoor gross motor spaces
- Access to a children’s library with free books for kids
- Field trips
- Family engagement events throughout the year like seasonal festivals and literacy programs
- Before and after school programming available
- Transitioning support into elementary school including school resource fairs
- A Family Advocate assigned to your family to support you with community resources including healthcare, housing and employment