Milwaukee Prenatal Services
We understand the prenatal experience is life-changing and you may have many questions. To find answers and keep you and your baby healthy, we offer Early Head Start home visitors to guide you through your pregnancy. They will be there from the first through third trimester and assist you through labor and delivery, postpartum adjustment, and the transition to other supportive services. Participants must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
The Home Visitors use a variety of methods and educational tools to determine your knowledge of infant care and development, both prior to delivery and post-delivery. They then develop an interactive program based on your needs.
- A 90-minute weekly visit at your home
- Assistance with setting your family goals and building strong relationships with your children
- Resources that will help you improve daily life skills
- Guidance to position you as your child’s first teacher
- Connections to health services
- Prenatal parenting classes for expectant mothers and families
- Education on safe sleeping for your child
- Breastfeeding support
- Coaching from infant massage specialists
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Diapers, wipes available on a case-by-case basis