Infants and Toddlers
Programming update: Due to COVID-19, Next Door is currently offering limited in-person and virtual learning options for families daily. Our education team has created engaging, online platforms for virtual learners with technology and supplies support. In-person programming includes part-day and full-day options at our two locations with an extensive list of safety precautions in place based on recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Milwaukee City Health Department. Click HERE to learn more.
Next Door is here to help your child get a strong start to life and get ready for school! Our highly qualified staff surrounds infants and toddlers with a supportive, loving environment and begins basic educational and social-emotional learning to help your child reach developmental benchmarks. Our team also works closely with parents to develop strong relationships as partners in your child’s education.
There is no cost for qualified families. See our Enrollment page for details on qualifications.
- Programming Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Locations: 2545 N. 29th Street; 5310 W. Capitol Drive
- Year-round programming
- Class sizes of 8 students per at least 2 teachers
- Highly qualified teaching staff with year-round professional development
- Instruction promoting language and literacy development
- Medical and dental screenings
- Behavioral support services
- Special education services
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack provided daily
- Diapers, wipes, infant food & formula provided daily
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Indoor and outdoor gross motor spaces
- Access to a children’s library with free books for kids
- Family engagement events throughout the year like seasonal festivals and literacy programs
- A Family Advocate assigned to your family to support you with community resources including healthcare, housing and employment
Learn more about our COVID-19 safety procedures and building operations