UPCOMING ENROLLMENT EVENT: Next Door is hosting an enrollment event Saturday, May 15 at our 29th Street campus (2545 N. 29th Street). The program runs from 10 am to 2 pm. It will happen outside our building and masks are required. Families will have the chance to speak directly with our enrollment team and learn more about safe, in-person learning opportunities for the 2021-2022 school year.
Programming update 2020-2021 school year: Due to COVID-19, Next Door is currently offering limited in-person and virtual learning options for families in our center-based programs. All of our home-based programs are running virtually right now.
Next Door’s education team has created engaging, online platforms for virtual learners with technology and supplies support. Limited in-person programming is at our two locations (29th and Wright and 53rd and Capitol) with an extensive list of safety precautions in place based on recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Milwaukee City Health Department. Click HERE to learn more.
Next Door determines qualified families based on income as well as a points system that rates families in a variety of categories. The categories include: single parent households, families receiving WIC or TANF assistance, families with a Childcare Authorization (center-based), children with disabilities and families facing crisis situations like homelessness. Next Door’s enrollment team can provide further details on the rating process.
Next Door accepts enrollment applications for children throughout the year. We accept children into our programs based on availability of classroom openings.
Once we receive your form, an Enrollment Specialist will contact you within two days. You will need to provide the following information:
- Proof of your child’s age (a birth certificate or immunization records)
- Proof of income (W2, pay stub or taxes from the latest year)
- For children in K4, you will also need proof of address (mail or a bank statement)
If your enrollment application is approved, we will contact you by email and mail.
About Next Door
Next Door serves children from six-weeks to five-years-old with high quality, personalized early childhood education programs to get them ready for school.
We offer families two locations with small class sizes and at least two teachers per room. If families don’t wish to come to our centers, we’ll come to them with a home visitation program offering prenatal services and early childhood education during weekly visits from Parent Educators.
- Center-based hours: Monday-Friday 8 am to 3 pm (extended hours for qualified families)
- Small classes with highly qualified teachers
- Breakfast, lunch and snack
- Medical/dental screenings
- Language, math, science, art curriculum
- Behavioral support services
- Special education services
- Diapers, wipes and formula (Infants, Toddlers)
- Library visits and field trips (Preschool, 4K, 5K)
- A Family Advocate who provides extensive support services – like healthcare, employment and housing resources – to ensure parents have what they need to succeed.