Next Door serves children from six-weeks to five-years-old with high quality, personalized early childhood education programs to get them ready for school.
We offer families two locations with small class sizes and at least two teachers per room. If families can’t get to our sites, we’ll come to them with a home visitation program offering weekly visits from Parent Educators.
Watch the videos below to get a peek inside our classrooms!
- Small classes with highly qualified teachers
- Breakfast, lunch and snack
- Medical/dental screenings
- Language, math, science, art curriculum
- Behavioral support services
- Special education services
- Diapers, wipes and formula (Infants, Toddlers)
- Library visits and field trips (Preschool, 4K, 5K)
- A Family Advocate who provides extensive support services – like healthcare, employment and housing resources – to ensure parents have what they need to succeed.
Next Door determines qualified families based on income as well as a points system that rates families in a variety of categories. The categories include: single parent households, families receiving WIC or TANF assistance, families with a Childcare Authorization (center-based), children with disabilities and families facing crisis situations like homelessness. Next Door’s enrollment team can provide further details on the rating process.
Next Door accepts enrollment applications for children throughout the year. We accept children into our programs based on availability of classroom openings.
Once we receive your form, an Enrollment Specialist will contact you within two days. You will need to provide the following information:
- Proof of your child’s age (a birth certificate or immunization records)
- Proof of income (W2, pay stub or taxes from the latest year)
- For children in K4, you will also need proof of address (mail or a bank statement)
If your enrollment application is approved, we will contact you by email and mail.
*Please note the following videos were produced before the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, Next Door is operating based on safety precautions recommended by Centers for Disease Control and City of Milwaukee Health Department.
A Look Inside Next Door Infant/Toddler Classrooms
A Look Inside Next Door Preschool/K4/K5 Classrooms