Programming update: Due to COVID-19, Next Door is currently offering limited in-person and virtual learning options for families. Our education team has created engaging, online platforms for virtual learners with technology and supplies support. In-person programming includes part-day and full-day options at our two locations with an extensive list of safety precautions in place based on recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Milwaukee City Health Department. Click HERE to learn more.
Next Door is here to help your child get a strong start to life and get ready for school! Our preschool programming offers a supportive, loving and engaging classroom environment from highly qualified teachers and support staff who work to ensure students achieve academic and social-emotional benchmarks. Our team also works closely with parents to develop strong relationships as partners in your child’s education.
There is no cost for qualified families. See our Enrollment page for details on qualifications.
- Programming Monday-Friday, 8 am to 3 pm (with extended hours for qualified families)
- Locations: 2545 N. 29th Street; 5310 W. Capitol Drive
- Year-round and school-year programming
- Class sizes of 17 students per at least 2 teachers
- Highly qualified teaching staff with year-round professional development
- Instruction with language, literacy, math, science, art and social-emotional activities
- Medical and dental screenings
- Behavioral support services
- Special education services
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack provided daily
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Indoor and outdoor gross motor spaces
- Access to a children’s library with free books for kids
- Family engagement events throughout the year like seasonal festivals and literacy programs
- A Family Advocate assigned to your family to support you with community resources including healthcare, housing and employment
Learn more about our COVID-19 safety measures and building operations