50th Anniversary Community Relations
50th Anniversary. 50 Partners.
Can you help us celebrate our 50th Anniversary?
We are partnering with 50 community members and organizations to help support our work at Next Door. Partners can include local corporations, schools, universities, places of worship, book clubs, rotary clubs, elected officials and local celebrities. Here’s how you can help:
- Host a book drive for our Books for Kids program
- Volunteer at Next Door reading to children in the library or clean/repair donated books for our Books for Kids program
- Bring a team to participate in or volunteer for our 30th Annual Walk for Children
- Host a “give back” day at your business
- Arrange a special “celebrity” guest to visit our classrooms
- Ask for donations and books for Next Door in lieu of gifts at your next birthday party
To learn more about getting involved, contact Hannah Harris at 414.999.2510 or at hharris@NextDoorMKE.org.
50th Anniversary. 50 Stories.
Over the course of our commemorative year, we will share 50 stories to honor and celebrate Next Door’s 50th Anniversary. Stories will explore Next Door’s beginnings, highlight long-time Next Door teachers and staff, feature current Next Door students and families, and celebrate alumni success.
CLICK HERE to read stories.
CLICK HERE for a historical timeline of Next Door.
We will spread simple literacy messages with our 1,700 Next Door families and in our neighborhoods to encourage parents to build their child’s vocabulary through reading, singing and conversations with their children.
This initiative will offer simple ways to incorporate learning into every day life such as doing laundry, going to the grocery store, or visiting a park.
Follow us on social media