Next Door Pathways Program
A pathway to your career!
Next Door’s Pathways Program offers educational opportunities for those who are new to early childhood education – and those who have been long-time Next Door employees.
The Pathways Program offers several different options to earn early childhood education credentials – all at no charge to participants. All participants receive free training, tuition and fees for all program, academic / coaching / wellness support, and technology as needed. All educational programs are offered through Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC).
Click on the Pathway link below to learn more about a program.
- For community members interested in a career in early childhood education:
- Pre-Apprenticeship Path: Earn classroom credentials through on-the-job-training and qualify to work as an Assistant Teacher
- For current Next Door employees:
- Infant/Toddler Badge: Earn an Infant/Toddler Certificate and qualify to work as an Associate Teacher
- Apprenticeship Path: Earn a Technical Diploma in Early Childhood Education and qualify to work as an Early Head Start Lead Teacher
- Associate’s Degree Path: Earn an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education either through traditional classwork or credit for prior learning and qualify to work as a Lead Teacher
- Bachelor’s Degree Path: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and qualify to work as a Lead Teacher